Buying a home is a major financial decision, so it’s a smart idea to work with an experienced, professional REALTOR® who’s been certified by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
Here are just a few of the benefits a REALTOR® can provide:
- Pricing expertise: One of the biggest benefits of using a REALTOR® is their negotiating expertise. Having an experienced mediator on your side may help you get more house for your money.
- Handling the paperwork: When you consider the ever-changing regulations and range of documents required when purchasing a home, you’ll be glad you have a REALTOR® there to explain each document’s purpose and help you avoid any pitfalls.
- Access to more homes: While the Internet is handy for viewing many of the available homes for sale, an active REALTOR® may have access to unadvertised properties, or have heard of upcoming listings that are not yet on the market.
- Neighborhood knowledge: If you connect with a REALTOR® who has been actively helping buyers and sellers in your target neighborhood, they can clue you in on local zoning changes and market trends, allowing you to make informed decisions about your purchase.
- Guiding the transaction to a smooth closing: Real estate contracts are complex. With anticipation of; and having the ability for problem solving throughout the transaction is what good REALTORS® do best. Working closely with other REALTORS® and Agents involved in the transaction, an experienced agent can often solve potential problems (sometimes before they even arise) to ensure you move into your new home as planned.